Who is CUMA for?
CUMA is a place for youth aged 15-29 (mostly 16-20) staying in foster care system or leaving it.
CUMA also offers support for teenagers not associated with the foster care system, who are currently in a difficult life situation or are struggling with family issues.
Areas of support
1) Professional and educational (support in preparing to undertake a job and become employed; support in continuing education; development of professional competences)
2) Interpersonal (relationships with others; communication, cooperative skills, conflicts resolution).
3) Intrapersonal (relationship with yourself, awareness of one’s strengths and other areas in need of further development, setting life goals, development of empathy, inner motivation, self-esteem and a sense of self-worth)
4) Systemic (support in everyday life: housing matters, bureaucratic and legal issues etc.)
5) Housing – we are leading 5 training apartments for youth who is leaving foster care, as part of the project “Lighthouse”.